Tuesday 2 March 2010

Places Brief-The City/Urban


Last week on the Manchester trip I had the chance to take some excellent shots of Manchester and Salford Quays. I took some shots from Old Trafford from close-up and from afar taken from the viewing platform at The Imperial War Museum North. I have some photographs that I am very happy with and that I definitely want to use in my final work.

The image showing Old Trafford needs editing but I really like how it looks. The image looks quite dark but when edited it can be made to look lighter. I also like how other buildings and the top of warehouses appear in the image. For me these surrounding buildings allow the stadium to be the focus of the image.


The other idea that I have is to show the front of Old Trafford. I like this image for a number of reasons. First of all the front of the stadium was covered by an image celebrating 100 years at the stadium. The image is also natural. The lamp-post and the people are in the image for a reason. I feel that it gives the photograph an extra edge and the image wouldn't look as good without these items in them.

This year 2010 Old Trafford celebrated being 100 years old. The image on the front of the stadium shows how the ground has developed over the years from the early 1900's up until the present day. Although I am a Manchester United fan I have to say that Old Trafford is steeped in history. Over the past century so many famous names have played in the famous stadium and I am proud to show the stadium in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment